eidesis

lifestyle blogger

Officially 28, New Template & B'Day Gifts

I officially turned 28 a few days ago (6th Oct) and I kind of immune to close friends and family not remembering it so I wasn't expecting anything. I don't want to sound like whiny brat or come out as ungrateful but this is just a little rant: Last year (and the year before that and before that and before that) nobody remembered that I actually felt upset and sad about it. I held my phone close to me just to see if anyone wishes me but all I got was from Google. It was so pathetic I cried in my room and spent the rest of the week by putting my phone on airplane mode and avoiding everyone. I'm not the type to remind people about it so I've been preparing myself this month just in case history is about to repeat itself. 
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I acted cool and normal when my sister surprised me with a birthday gift boxes of cakes and I have to be honest, I held back my tears and I felt so excited that at least one of my family member remembers. I don't want any gifts, all I want is for them to say it because for someone who doesn't get that for years, I am a little obsessed with it but don't worry, I'm over it even before my sister made that meaningful little gestures.
But I admit, as we get older, we have other priorities. I no longer wants presents, birthday parties, bucket of wishes but I do want to feel good about myself by rewarding myself with a short break from the world or buy something nice with my own savings and just enjoy being in my own company (or with my family or friends). To be honest, I don't mind being alone now and I don't mind if everyone forgot about my birthday. It happens.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

NEW TEMPLATES

I spent about 8 hours trying to set up the template the way I want it so I have to figure out the css/html code by myself without ruining the original template from wee hours of the night (1AM) till half past 9 in the morning that I got severe migraine and slept the whole day after that. I decided to change it because it's been a year since I used my previous blog template. I really love that one because normally I would change my template every 6 months to boost my blogging spirit but that was the only template that I use for a year. I think it's time for me to let go of that beautiful template and start with a new one.
As usual, I bought all and my current template from my favourite template designer. Actually I bought two template because everything is on sale, so I got the Lipstick and Botanica templates. Currently use Lipstick and not sure when will I use the Botanica because it's not easy to tweak the codes to my own preference but still trying to keep the originality. It was hard because I stopped doing blog designing long time ago so I get a little rusty. Thankfully I managed to get everything done in less than a day and lots of snacks and movies to keep me up all night.

I DID SOME CHANGES LIKE:
  1. I made the single post wider than the original
  2. I added About Me at the footer using using previous template's code
  3. I updated my Fave Blogs and About Me pages
  4. I changed the link transitions in single view post
  5. I changed the blockquote design
  6. I added a slide out Google Friend Connect follow button at the bottom of the screen.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

LOVELY GIFTS

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Nini's Illustration. This is the most unexpected gift ever! Yes, I consider this as a gift because look at it! No one would ever do such thing for me or anybody to be honest. Not even my friends even though one of them are very good with portrait drawings and illustrations too. Not even a birthday wish but anyway Thank you Nini for your hard work and for taking some time to do some 'stalking' and researching for what I like and such. You know which one is my ultimate favourite? That Taeyong T-shirt!! Look at how cute it is!!!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━


━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Airpods. I went to Apple store (Machine) a few days before my birthday to ask about product trade-in to change my laptop and Apple repair services regarding my phone but I left the store with a box of AirPods instead. I'm a terrible shopper, I know. I don't know why I bought it, it's still in the box ⏤ untouched. Maybe once I decided to actually use it, I'll make an unboxing post of it.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━


━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Wire Grid & Cakes. My sister surprised me with this huge nicely wrapped gift after she came home from an outing with her husband and her 7 months-old baby. Then she handed me a couple of silver boxes of cakes from one of my favourite cafe. She said that everything was picked out by my nephew, Jayden and I loved it! Thank you so much! She knows that I wanted the wire grid for my working desk but I don't have enough space for it right now and I really don't know where to put it. Guess I'll just let it stand on my desk like that until I got the time to redecorate my working desk area to put up this big wire grid on my wall.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━


━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Uniqlo Melange Wool  Hooded Knitted Cardigan. ⏤ get it here. The day before I published this post, I went to The Gardens to pick up my dad from work and after that we went to Uniqlo because my sister want to buy a couple of shirts and my dad saw this long hooded knitted cardigan and wanted to buy it for me for my Fall trip which is in less than a month. Told him not to buy me anything because I can use my old jackets but he insisted and he said that this cardigan looks pretty and warm to wear. He shoved me his debit card and the cardigan, asked me to pay for it while watching me like a hawk just in case I'll put it back. This is definitely not my style but thank you Dad, and best believe that I will rock this grandma cardigan just for you when I'm in Korea. One thing for sure is, I love the colour!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━


I ended my birthday night with the delicious Burnt Cheesecake that my sister bought for me and binge watching one of my favourite Youtuber's vlog. Couldn't ask for a better birthdays. To be honest, I didn't expect anything from anybody for my birthday so I'm genuinely grateful for everyone for everything. And just so you know, my brother still had no idea that he missed my birthday. Well, what else is new? haha

Much love, T.


 


﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏‬﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
Listening to:
Dua Lipa - Swan Song 
‪ 00:00 ────⊙───────── 02:47‬
‪ ↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺‬
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏‬﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Comments

Post a Comment

  1. Happy belated birthday ! I love your new templates so much ! It screams minimalist and elegance at the same time ~ I wish I could build up the patience in me to play with the codes and everything, but nah, maybe another year..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Suraya. I decided to use this one because it's simpler and easy to navigate around. Hahaha I think I am too.
      Pening kepala playing with all those codes and css. Javascript tu takyah cakaplah, lagi pening.

      Delete
  2. Your dad is so sweet ! I've never had a sweet present like that from my dad walaupun yeaaa apa yang cantik di mata dia tak secantik dimata kita . Hahahahha . Bestnyaaa nak pergi korea lagi . . . Have a nice trip Tqa .

    Like always i'm super excited to visit your blog just to see your photos and i love your new templates .

    Ohh Yea , Nini dah delete blog . saya ada email Nini ,she had a personal issue and decide to delete blog .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always like that. Tqa jarang nak mintak apa, termasuklah kain baju, asyik pakai baju yang sama 3-4 tahun, raya pun tak beli apa2 so dia kena buat macam tu baru lah tqa beli baju.

      Aww thank you. InshaAllah

      Kalini agak cincai sikit sebab nak kejar dateline punya pasal. Thank you sue!

      Haaa tu lah, I was going to tag her and commented on her latest post. It's okay, she'll be back whenever she's ready, hopefully soon. Thanks for clarifying it for me.

      Delete
  3. I love your new template. And, happy belated birthday to u! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and for the bday wish too :)

      Delete
  4. same kakkk :') kdg2 rasa lonely especially kalau kwn2 yg rapat dlu tak ingat birthday kita :') all i need is just a birthday wish. idk tho. harap2 ada yg ingat my birthday mggu depan je hahaha & yes october babiessss! heee

    and pls pls pls buat review pasal airpods tu sbb tgh fkir nak beli ke tak ni sbb takut menyesal ke ape nanti bcs its not that cheap you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan? I'm not gonna lie, jealous jugak tengok orang yang ada kawan2 yang buat surprise bday celebration for them, even though sekadar keluar minum kat mamak. Sadly I only have one friend. so..

      Aww I hope I won't forget yours too.

      I will babe. In a few days maybe (hopefully). Kan? I like to do a full-on research about the stuff that I want to buy supaya tak menyesal nanti.

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday TQA, best tengok semua hadiah tu...
    moga Tqa sentiasa dalam limpah rahmatNya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hidana, I really appreciated it :)
      Amin amin... terima kasih

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday 🎂🎉🎉🎁🎁
    By the I love your writings 🎀🎀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Oh, that means a lot to me. Thanks again.💕

      Delete
  7. Happy belated birthday sis..bestnya dpt hadiah dan ingatan birthday dr kengkawan.. itu yg paling bermakna..kan?
    TQ sudi singgah blog akak.. membalas kunjungan & follow skali..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wish Atie.
      Ha'ah itu yang bermakna, I wish I got those.
      Sama-sama kak 😊

      Delete
  8. your new template is amazing!!! xxx

    https://www.erinazmir.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your minimalist design choices are never disappointing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Sometimes simple is better right? xx

      Delete
  10. Happy belated bday Tqa. Banyak hadiah tu. Semoga dilimpahkan rezeki yang berkat dan berpanjangan.Aaaminn
    pssttt lawa template baru :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you FIza, alhamdulillah I am beyond grateful. Amin ya rabbal alamin..
      haha *whispering* thank you ~

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday Tqa :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday Tqa :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday Tqa 🍰😎
    Love your blog template 🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cik Sue both for the wish and the compliment.
      Trying my best to keep my blog template as simple as I could without lacking anything ❤️

      Delete
  14. This sweater seems perfect for autumn: D:**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you are correct. I got it for my Autumn trip next month.
      I hope it will be warm enough for me hehe

      Delete
  15. happy belated birthday, beautiful. ♥ just out of curiosity— how did you find your way over to my blog? c: oh, and i love the "Noon" template. but this template is bomb dot com, too!! good work on the editing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much babe. Oh my I totally forgot on how I came across your beautiful blog.
      The 'noon' template is my baby, I had a hard time saying goodbye to that template but thank you for liking this one too.

      Delete
  16. I definitely love your new look ! I always love all the changes you've made to your blog. LOVED IT !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered this template was so ugly when Gabby first released it but I guess somehow, she realises it and made a huge change on it by using lots of my favourite colours and I am loving it!
      Didn't think a second to buy it and I am glad that you love it too.

      Delete
    2. I've actually decided to go with Himmel. Made up my mind and told myself that I should go with something different this time.
      Contemplated a lot before but I see so many reasons to do so, so yeah I'm new again.
      Hoping this Himmel would make me excited again to blog and heal all the wounds from the past months that have been hard.
      Just saying that getting something new actually helps in making me feel better as if I am being born again.
      Feel me?

      Delete
    3. You did? That's a good news! I can't wait to see the final result on how you edited the template to make it look 'Ray'.
      I was contemplating about Noon too but then it became my most beloved template ever.
      I totally feel you, and that's exactly what I think too. getting something new really does boost your spirit in so many ways.
      It's like getting a new car, you can't wait to take it for a spin and go places with it. Just seeing my (new) blog interface everyday makes me really happy.

      Delete
    4. Yes I did. Well, it's gonna take some time.
      Slowly but surely. Thank you for always supporting me.
      I love it that we actually have the same kind of thought and actually understands each other.
      thank you tqa. you're awesome.

      Delete
    5. Take all the time you need. I'll always support my fellow bloggers :)
      Me too and you're welcome hun.
      I'm glad that the comment replying section is fixed so we could replied like this.
      Gabby has stepped up her game for sure.

      Delete
  17. Hii tqa! It's been a while hehe :3

    I really love your new template! Clean and minimal at its best. I'm still stuck with classic template as I got no talents in handling the codes for the upgraded one. I wish I'll have the money to buy pre-made template in the future.

    I can truly relate with people not remembering my birthday but just like you said, everyone has their priorities and for me, only few wishes matter especially if its from my family and close friends. I'm glad that you like the illustration hehe. I wish I can draw Taeyong better cause he's sooo cute in real life aAAAAaaa

    Please please show a close up of your working desk or the wire grid decorations one of these days! It looks so nicee!

    I also had Burnt Cheesecake for my birthday. One of my friends baked it for me. Ah.. may God bless those sweet people :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my dear yeah it's been a while.

      Thank you. I am trying to find more minimal and easy-to-navigate-around templates so it'll look timeless. Aw it's okay, no worries, I only change mine because I've been using it for way too long I got tired of it. I'm not good with codes too but if you need any help, i'll try as much as I could :)
      Here's the thing about paid templates, you can have the designer to assist you from A to Z some even help installing it for you like Templates by Kate (TBK). She helped installing mine for free by adding her as one of the admin on my blogger, after she's done, I'll remove her. They are very trustworthy. I hope you will get your dream template one day.

      True. Wishes from your loved ones is better than receiving hundreds of 'em (or none). I love it! I use the illustration as my homescreen wallpaper now. You drew it well and it's super cute just like him. kekekeke

      Thank you. Maybe I will, for an updates blogging space post, you'll never know haha

      It was good right? Kind of hard to find the perfect burnt cheesecake that melts in your mouth. Your friend is such a sweetheart to bake it for you. Yes, may God bless those kind-hearted people.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by.
And if you like my blog, hit the follow button for more updates.

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest