eidesis

lifestyle blogger

Self Reward (Throwback)

Before you guys got confuse, I got this phone back in January, not recently. Decided to share about it here because it took me so long to save up for a new phone. To others, it may seems petty or not a big deal but for me, it is a big deal and I personally think and consider this as my own little achievement because smartphone nowadays are super expensive to get unless you are super rich or you have zero commitment to spend money on however you like. So I pat myself on the back for this one for being able to save up just enough for it without having to starve myself.

I'm the type that will use something to the point that it can't be use anymore. And I used my trusty old iPhone 6s Plus (16GB) for a great 6 years. On December 2022, my iPhone 6s+ been acting up and I keep trying my best to use it wisely but it's really impossible. I got tired and fed up having to reset my phone every night just to be able to send sales report to my boss at 10PM everyday through WhatsApp because of the storage.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━


━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

WHY I DECIDED TO BUY A NEW PHONE?

So last December, my I noticed my battery performance is getting worse. I didn't even use the device but the juice went down very quickly. I can't keep charging it as it will affecting the device. Can you imagine charging your phone every hour? Nah, I don't like that. Boleh jahanam phone.

But the main issue here is the memory capacity. 16GB. Not really a practical size for the latest software. Since the iPhone 6s+ is an old model, the new iOS would take up a large space after every software updates. System Data, 6.88GB. iOS System, 6GB. Almost 13GB, plus the built-in apps, another 2GB. Leave me with 1GB. Can't download more than a couple apps without having to delete something else, to the point that there's nothing else to delete anymore.

I've had enough.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━


━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Out with the Old, In with the New

I had no choice but to use my travel fund that I've been saving up since the early 2022 in hope to see Ain and Iba in Spring 2023. But I have to gave that up. And... here we are. Dah alang2 nak beli yang baru, beli yang paling latest supaya boleh tahan lama, iOS masih boleh update sampai 6 tahun kot, inshaAllah. 

I really hope this one stays for a very long time like my iPhone 6s+ lifespan because I hate wasting money on gadgets cos I'd rather spend money on traveling instead. I've been using it wisely. Not often and the longest screen time that ever happened was because I read my e-book at work.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I love the new dynamic island

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I chose Deep Purple because I want something new, something fresh and something that I don't usually go for. Well, I preferred white and silver when it comes to gadgets for the clean aesthetic but this time, I want something different. Yeah yeah I know...

Tak kisah warna apa, nanti tutup guna casing juga.
The colour don't matter, you'll end up covering it up with a phone case anyway.

256GB, so I don't have to see the "storage full" pop ups in a few years. I also subscribing to Google Photos 200GB and I don't really like iCloud because I tried it before and every time I want to access my photos I have to wait for a connection or whatever it needs just to be able to download the photo and that is something I have zero patient for, so I switched to Google Photos for storage and Google Photos are much more convenient, easy to access and it's cheaper too. So now my phone only have like 600 photos and 40 videos.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Manifesting by buying phone case first before the phone
My boy DPR Ian graced my eyes every time I look at it

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Not going to disclose about the specs or camera test because I don't think anyone cares about that here. But my future blog posts will feature photos that will be taken with this iPhone so I hope you guys can see the outcome. I am writing this post so when I look back at it, I'll be proud of myself and to see how far I've come and how much I've changed throughout the years of being the breadwinner in the family. I am proud of myself by putting up with horrible bosses and managers, and knowing the amount of hours I worked and run the business all by myself while risking my health just to make ends meet was fruitful. This really motivates me to work even harder to achieve more because I still have a lot to tick off my wish list.





﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏‬﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
Listening to:
Gorillaz - Rhinestone Eyes
‪ 00:00 ────⊙───────── 02:47‬
‪ ↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺‬
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏‬﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Comments

Post a Comment

  1. Wow luar biasa.. penyimpanan sangat besar, saya masih menggunakan handphone lama saya ini untuk semuanya, termasuk membuat postingan hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wahh hebat. Tqa tak pernah berjaya nak buat posting guna phone. Rasa tak puas hahaha

      Alhamdulillah.. Lama nak simpan, ikat perut tu tak payah cakap la hahaha

      Delete
  2. i used to use my phone until it can't be used anymore...but these few years i realize i have this back itchy habit. gatal je nak habiskan duit tukar phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sebenarnya, siapa yang taknak pakai barang baru kan? Kalau Ammi mampu, why not?

      Tqa nak ikutkan tak mampu tapi alhamdulillah ada rezeki lepas saving, beli je lah. Nasib baiklah phone lama nak rosak pun time tengah ada saving, kalau tak mmg phoneless lah jawab nya.

      Delete
  3. sesekali self reward utk diri kan... tak apa mahal janji kite puas hati.. x de laa ralat ralat lps tu😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha kan? Harap2 tahan lama kalau tak mmg sakit hati hahaha

      Delete
  4. Salam kenal. I love purple iPhone! Saya pun jenis pakai phone smp dah nazak baru tukar baru 🤭 Before I used my current iPhone 11, I pakai iPhone 5s for 6 years smp bateri kembang. Then my hubby gifted me my current phone 4 years ago. Last year changed its battery sbb battery performance dah teruk giler tapi still i think with the new & frequent iOS update the new battery can't keep up... But still, nak upgrade to latest phone masih tak sanggup sebab a) malas nak transfer data; b) it's an anniversary gift so sayang nak tukar hihi. Will use the phone until dah tak boleh update lagi kot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nak transfer data tu part yg paaaaling malas. Sebab tu tqa guna Google cloud je senang sebab tqa tak suka iCloud. Mahal dan tak berbaloi. Tqa cuma guna iCloud untuk Notes dan Contact je. Sebab takut ada simpan info2 penting yang senang terlupa. Bab battery mmg leceh, kena jaga betul2 kalau nak tahan lama. Speaking of tahan lama, kira iPhone ni mmg berbaloi la nak invest yang mahal sebab mmg tahan lama.

      Yes.... let's use our phone sampai dah tak boleh pakai lagi dah 💪🏻

      Delete
  5. Lamaaaa tu lifespan nya 👍🏿. Tapi memang iPhone nih awet sangat, I've to admin. Teman saya masih pakai yg series 7+ dan masih guna hingga sekarang.

    Tapi tuh lah, saya masih terlanjur suka dengan android 😅.

    Tak apa spend money untuk something yg memang kita butuh. Hp dah bukan lagi barang tersier, tapi memang wajib punya untuk saat ini. So kalo tak bisa pakai karena dah habis masanya, memanglah butuh ganti 👍🏿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the lifespan is pretty long. My old phone was still usable to text or receive calls but can't download anything or save any medias in it.

      I like Android too! I've been wanting the Samsung Z Flip for a while tho. Maybe that should be my next wish list hehe

      Betul tu, kali ini memang saya butuhkan yang baru for a solid reason.

      Delete
  6. Okla tu me'reward'kan diri sendiri why not kita dah penat berusaha kan :D
    Salam kenal.. Done follow your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betul tu. Hasil titik peluh sendiri jugak kan? Bukan peluh org lain hahaha
      Aww thank you. Tqa follow balik ye :)

      Delete
  7. You should proud of yourself. That feeling after we achieve something with our own effort, sangat tak boleh nak digambarkan. I also guna ip7+ more than 5 years before tukar phone baru last year. Im happy for you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss the feelings of "yeah I did that!" is definitely something else, surreal and overwhelming. I'm happy for you too! Now kena jaga betul2 supaya tahan lama like my previous phone.

      Delete
  8. Me praying gettin new phone ..i need more storage please! hahhaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amin aminnn.. Semoga Cuya pula dapat rezeki beli phone baru. Storage kalau ran out mmg tak boleh bawak bincang.

      Delete
  9. Hp yg bagus boleh hilangkan stress, esp. yg libatkan hal² kerja...lama bertahan hp lama..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree with you. Kerja mmg banyak guna phone jugak so kalau tak dapat guna tu rasa cemas dia lain macam.
      Kan? Bertahan lama kan? Harap2 yg ni pun tahan lama juga.

      Delete
  10. Hp sy pun nak minta tukar dah... sy guna since 2020 lagi... skrg dah byak meragam.. tp masi tahan hati nak tukar baru haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan? kalau dah betul2 teruk tu baru lah tukar phone. Lagi pun iPhone 15 banyak problem, dorg kata tunggu iPhone 16 keluar baru di syorkan utk org ramai beli. So kalau ada hati nak tukar tu, tunggu iPhone 16 ye haha

      Delete
  11. you got a very good taste like the colour is so pretty! puas kan bila dapat reward diri sendiri like a present from me to me gitu hehehe 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. Tak pasal2 casing semua warna purple padahal purple is really not my colour lol.
      Betul tu.. a gift from me to me gitu.

      Delete
  12. simpan gambar dekat icloud tak berbaloi ye? ahaha.. nanti la saya cuba simpan gambar dkt google photo.. tapi sekarang google photo dah full pulak..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mungkin apple lagi murah tapi nak access agak susah tak macam google photos. Siapa yang tak pandai guna, boleh tersalah delete. Kawan2 dah banyak complain iCloud loading lama sangat nak tengok gambar pun susah. So dia switch ke GP sebab senang.

      Yeke? alamak.. hahaha nak kena beli storage lagi ke tu?

      Delete
  13. My iphone12 only lasted for 2 year :( got new one already, hope it'll last at elast 8 years hahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rezeki awak dah tukar baru. Ada sesetengah tu mmg tak tahan lama. But if you mampu, why not..
      Hopefully amin amin..

      Delete
  14. Ughh we find it nearly impossible to deal with device storage, right? Deciding to buy a new phone was the right solution, and buying it with your hard work is definitely one of the best self-rewards you have accomplished. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah.. betul tu. Most people would buy the external storage device but i hate having to plug it in everytime I need to use it. Meaning I need to carry it with me everywhere I go. It's a hassle right? Thank you!

      Delete


  15. Atas titah Permaisuri Cuya, Kerajaan Kelapa menjemput tuan hamba untuk menyembah duli menyertai giveaway yang sedang berlangsung di blog Kerajaan Kelapa.

    Yang benar,
    Permaisuri Cuya.

    https://nasuha-itsmyessay.blogspot.com/2024/01/giveaway-sampul-raya-rare-2024.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww hahaha thank you for the invitation.

      Delete
  16. waa syoknya ada hp baru. mama mmg suka warna purple. cantik sgt deep purple tu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! First time Tqa pakai warna lain dari yang kebiasaan. Habis semua casing pun semua warna purple jugak >.<

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by.
And if you like my blog, hit the follow button for more updates.

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest