eidesis

lifestyle blogger

Cafe | Instea ⏤ Creative Tea Coffee Bar

During this time (CMCO) which we can't really go anywhere and only 2 person allowed to go out, I ran out of ideas on what to get for my sister's birthday. I was going to order a cake but most of the nice ones are too far from where I live and district crossings are not allowed. I was so sad thinking I couldn't get her anything because she went out of her way to get what I like for my birthday and because of that, I feel like I need to do the same for her because I know how it feels like when the people you love try to make your special day meaningful even with the smallest gestures.

And then I remembered this one cafe that serves bubble tea and other beverages that I thought would be a perfect treat for her. I'm talking about Instea - Creative Tea Coffee Bar. But to go there at night with my dad is a little risky because my dad has poor eyesight during the night so I called my brother to come and pick me up and drive me to the nearest Instea. But first I went to Aeon near my house and got her favourite Burnt Cheesecake ⏤ she love Burnt Cheesecake from Neighbours Coffee Bar but given the current circumstances, Secret Recipe will do ⏤ and a slice of Walnut Brownies from the same shop. And I'm going to pair it up with coffee that comes in a cute bottle which I was going to buy from Instea. 


━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Lucky for us, the shop was still open and we got a parking right in front of it. I thought it would be awkward for me to walk in at the last minute but I was wrong. There was still a lot of people inside having a drink while doing their work on their laptops. Even though I was already there, I still have no clue whether the drink we wanted is available because that drink is only available at selected outlet and the moment I got inside, the menu was widely spread on the counter and I was soooo happy to see the drink I wanted is available! I ordered one for my sister and another one for me because all the drinks look so cute and intriguing. I asked my brother if he want one too but he said he want to shop for food at Family Mart just right outside of this shop.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━


━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Instea - Creative Tea Coffee Bar is like a fancy tea and coffee shop that doesn't hurt the non-fancy people's wallet. All their menus are very affordable despite looking like it was made by a high end perfume shop and while all the food looks like they were from a fine dining restaurants. Instea is very famous for its chic interior and their velvet chairs and couches with some gold detailing, except for the one in Setapak, they're going with American 80's retro diner vibe. And because of how pretty the interior is, every corner of the shop is instagrammable.

Instea released the Remember Me series where they offered a few special menu in a bottle inspired by Chanel Nº5 perfume bottle and only change it to Nº22. When I first saw it, I really thought it was perfume bottles. It's so pretty, heavy and reusable. You can reuse it however you want it, you can use it a coffee cup at home, or as a small vase for your flowers or just for decorations in your house or your room. I know I'm going to use it as my pampas flower vase to put on my study table, or I can just use it for daily drinking cup. Why not?
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Some of INSTEA famous signature drinks ⏤ photo courtesy from INSTEA homepage.


━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
The bottle is made of thick glass with a cork lid so you can reuse the item creatively however you want. And when you bought 2 or more Remember Me series, you'll get a free PVC transparent bag that comes with it. I was expecting the drink would be somewhere over RM20+, overpriced like Starbucks but I was so wrong. This prettily made drink is so affordable and too good to be true, who wouldn't say no to it? I think people nowadays would go for anything that are pleasing in the eyes despite how much it cost. And as for me, I'm all about pretty food and beverages. I don't mind the taste, if it's cute and worth trying, I'll buy it. And if it taste delicious, it's a bonus. Actually I do hope that all the cute food and beverages would taste great because I would expect at least that for the price I pay and thankfully, INSTEA is up to par.

P/s the stickers is so strong that when I washed the bottle, it doesn't feel like a sticker. It's still nicely intact like a real perfume bottle. I am impressed!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━


━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

BLUE SILK (RM16.90)

I got the Blue Silk for myself because I've been wanting to try Butterfly Pea Flower tea because of its blue colour so I was curious how blue tea is going to taste like and this is as close as it gets. Blue Silk is made from Butterfly Pea Flower and milk, hence the pastel blue colour. It tasted new to me and sweet just like how I like it. I let it sit in the fridge for the next day but it still taste really good and the colours still remain like how I got it in the first place.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━


━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

COFFEE LATTE (RM15.90)

My sister is a huge latte freak and when I showed a photo of this perfume drink (before her birthday), she keep saying, "wow, I really want to try the latte." so I got this one for her. I took a sip when she offered me some and it tasted a bit too strong for me but my sister told me she really like it because it tasted like her usual Costa Coffee Vanilla Latte and she likes it without the syrup. But she really enjoying her time with this one while watching her favourite shows on tv. I am super glad.

I find it super fascinating that the coffee in that bottle blends in with my skincare in the back as if it's a real coffee-coloured perfume. Now you really know it's going to look nice as a vase next to my skincare haha.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Excuse the blurry handle on the photo because my iPhone's bokeh was being weird.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Here's a list of all Instea outlets all around Malaysia and Australia :

KUALA LUMPUR

C180 Cheras Traders Sqaure
Eko Cheras Mall
Kepong
Setapak (coming soon)
Sri Petaling

SELANGOR

1Utama
PJ SS2
Puchong IOI Boulevard (the one I went to)
Serdang
Sunway GEO Avenue

PENANG

Bukit Mertajam
Penang Macalister

NEGERI SEMBILAN

Seremban

JOHOR

JB Sutera
Mount Austin

PERAK

Ipoh

KELANTAN

Kota Bharu

SARAWAK

Kuching

AUSTRALIA

Melbourne
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━


Sorry that I didn't have photos of the interiors because I was so excited after I got my drink and all I could think of was going home and give it to my sister. If you're big on trying new things, make sure to drop by your nearest Instea outlet and try some of their signature drinks yourself, and take lots of photos inside the cafe while at it because like I said, Instea is famous for its chic, contemporary and minimalistic interior. Different outlet, different interior aesthetic. I feel so underdress when I got there because everyone really dressing up for their OOTD because they know how chic the cafe is. I can't wait for this CMCO to be over so I can visit Instea in Penang and Ipoh, because the one in Ipoh is super pretty!

Also, if you're a fan of NCT and WayV, make sure to drop by Instea at Sunway GEO Avenue branch because it is own by one of the member's (Hendery) sister, Crystal who lives in Malaysia. I couldn't make it to Sunway because of time constraint and district crossing is forbidden so I really hope once this CMCO is over, I am able to visit his sister's coffee shop because I personally think it has the prettiest interior out of Instea outlet. If you've been here, what do you think and which one will you try?
That's it for this post, thank you for reading and stay safe. Much love, T.






﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏‬﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
Listening to:
NCT U - 90s Love
‪ 00:00 ────⊙───────── 02:47‬
‪ ↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺‬
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏‬﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Comments

Post a Comment

  1. pity me. Baru tahu kewujudan instea creative tea & coffee bar ni. Sekali pandang nampak macam boutique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tqa pun masa mula2 tengok gambar, ingatkan kedai perfume high end rupanya kedai bubble tea hahaha
      Terus letak dalam list and alhamdulillah the next coming week dapat rezeki singgah salah satu outlet Instea.

      Delete
  2. You can reuse the bottles with drink or put others liquid.
    Unique packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I reuse the bottle as my normal drinking glass and for photography props.
      I find it unique too. Most other shops that sells this kind of packaging, would cost a lot, thank God this one doesn't.

      Delete
  3. thank you for sharing about this cafe! i nak pergi yg penang punya !!! tgk bottle dia nmpk tempting gila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will have a nice one at the cafe because I really love this place and enjoy myself so much, so I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did :)

      Delete
  4. omg..those bottles look so nice! sayang nak minum kalo gini...kat JB pun hado ekkk, ok masuk wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan? Tqa pun sayang nak minum masa mula2 haritu, simpan dekat 2 hari last2 minum jugak sebab taknak menyesal.
      Yessss kat JB pun ada, ada masa go and visit :)

      Delete
  5. they look like perfume bottles.. or some kind of tonic i guess hehe.. but indeed very cute and aesthetic..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is inspired by a perfume bottle hence they call it the Perfume Series, inspired by Chanel No. 5 perfume.
      It would be a great decor item 😊

      Delete
  6. the packaging is sooooooo freaking cute!!!! i was so confident yg cafe ni ada dekat sana je but lepas baca rupanya ada dekat sarawakkkkkkkkk omg! interior dekat sarawak nmpak mcm minimalist & mewah sikit lol. definitely gonna visit them soon sebab nak sangat bottle diorang tu :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had me at their perfume packaging, terus pegi tak boleh tunggu sehari dah haha
      Yessss got one in Sarawak too so make sure to swing by when you got the time 😊
      You saw it? I didn't check them out yet but when you say it like that terus rasa nak tengok right now hahaha
      Kan? Bottle tu rasa macam macam sesuai for decorating and even use it as a daily drinking glass, ala2 classy gitu minum from a perfume bottle hehe

      Delete
  7. Ada Instea depan my house yeaaayy. Haritu one of my friends ada buat review gk packaging comel2 dia tu. Nak pegi tapi blm pergi2 lagi. Gotta visit them soon! Maybe acah2 study kt situ skali ke hikss..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeke? Wahhh untungnya! The nearest Instea is like 10km from my house so kena drive at least. Kalau ada train pun bagus juga hahaha
      Yeke? Do swing by when you got the time sebab air dia semua worth trying sebab semua unik2 👍🏻
      Hahaha acah2 study 🤣 I would do that too sebab Tqa kalau lepak sorang memang akan bawak segala laptop and notebooks etc haha tak suka duduk saja2, good idea! 👍🏻

      Delete
  8. WAH TERBAIK TU LEPAK SITU SELESAKAN DIRI SAMBIL CARI ILHAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Whatever makes one happy right? Be it cari ilham or just watching people passing by 😊

      Delete
  9. Wow! so creative and unique.
    Kalau Tqa tak bagitahu Mrs. A ingatkan perfume hiks!
    Kat Seremban ada ya
    Hurm... kena google nih! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too.
      Mula2 tqa pun ingat perfume bila tengok balik betul2, rupa2 nya air. Terus rasa intriguing nak cuba mainly sebab botol dia je tapi Alhamdulillah air dia pun sedap!
      Yes, kat Seremban pun ada. Do swing by kalau ada rezeki and masa terluang :)

      Delete
  10. oh wow what a concept and it was under rm20? how is that even possible. i need to go there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally kalau packaging cantik, air mesti tak seberapa, but Thank God this one dua2 dia achieve.
      Taste and the looks 👍🏻
      Kan? Bawah RM20 je semua. I was shocked too padahal dah prepare nak bayar at least RM50 for 3 drinks rupanya tak sampai pun. Make sure you do when you got the time.

      Delete
  11. oh none of them near my place but still.. masuk wishlist hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you will get to visit one of the outlets in the future sebab all the drinks memang sedap!

      Delete
  12. uniknya! warna yang digunakan semua lembut-lembut sesedap mata memandang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh terima kasih.. Saja guna filter yang sama Tqa guna dekat Instagram.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by.
And if you like my blog, hit the follow button for more updates.

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest