eidesis

lifestyle blogger

Unboxing | Early Birthday Gift


I'm going to save the long story to myself and just going to write a short one. Well, hopefully it is short.  First of all, I did not post about this just to show off but I got a lot of questions about how worthy the laptop is, so this is me reviewing it, well half of it. If some of you interested in getting a Macbook, then keep reading.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
As some of you already know, my 2 previous laptops is completely broken. The other one is not completely broken but its hardly functioning that the only thing I can do with it is transferring data from my hard disk to the laptop and vice versa. No iTunes, no photoshop, no notepad, no videos, no Chrome or Mozilla, and definitely nothing useful for me to do with it.

I was 'laptop-less' for about a year. I've been borrowing others for the past 14 months to do all the blogging and the transferring photos and music to my phone and to my hard disk. One day my dad asked me to create my brother's business logo and I told him that I can't do it since I don't have a laptop to work with and I definitely need an editing platform for that kind of stuff. That's when it hit me that I need a laptop. ASAP!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The seller was so kind as if he understands he asked me, "I want to open it, do you want to take a photo before I do it?" LOL!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
The amount I spent on the internet doing research and laptop comparing on my phone is just ridiculous but helpful because I don't need to waste my time searching once I got in the store. I have a few laptops on my mind so I can save all the talking about specs etc with the seller which I really hate. We went to Harvey Norman and Asus store in Mid Valley, but unfortunately I live in a country where most of the good stuff is unavailable, I wanted to cry when they said they don't have the Asus Zenbook UX330 (google it, it's very pretty, light and compatible to what I need).
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Got the case along with keyboard cover from Monocozzi
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
So I made up my mind and with a heavy heart, I practically dragged myself to Machine (Malaysia's Apple Store) and walked straight to the laptop section. I am already familiar with all the models so I didn't take much time to choose what I want. I know about each model's pros and cons. Without hesitation, I asked the seller to get me the 128GB MacBook Air 13". I bought the 128GB because I have like 2TB hard disk so I can save some money on that part.

I don't really fancy MacPro. I mean, I'm just a blogger. I don't need a high tech device in my life unless I'm a graphic designer, a gamer or a national hacker. Although I admit MacPro (not the touchbar) spec is much MUCH better than MacBook Air, but I'm going to be honest here I'm only using 15% of the laptop. The rest of the built-in apps and features is left untouched.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

He kept on asking, "tak nak ambil gambar dulu ke?" ambik gambar cincai je sebab orang keliling tengok 😅

I asked all kinds of questions I need to know including anti-virus installer and how relieved I was when they said "Mac is a virus free device. You can't get a virus if you're using the new Mac." I forgot it's 2017. hahaha windows should have that too but maintain the price because Windows is so expensive but so easy to get virus.
PROS:
  • It's an anti-virus device. You don't need an anti-virus software because virus and Mac is like me and boys. Boys is the virus and I'm the Mac, they'll never attracted to me.
  • Any kinds of blogging platform looks good in Safari and I don't use Chrome.
  • Pictures appears crisp and sharp be it in Photoshop, blog or Instagram web version.
  • The Macintosh interface is top notch. I love how with 3 fingers swap from left to right I can access to full screen blogging to Mac dashboard.
  • Built-in app screen recording. It's also allow me to record my iPhone screen even before the iOs 11 was released.
  • Built-in video editor aka iMovie. So handy!
  • Video float on top. I can watch my favorite movie while doing my work.
  • Airdrop. My ultimate fave feature. Every time I take a new photos or videos, I just airdropped it from my phone and save it in my hard disk to save some space in my phone or if I want to watch a movie from my laptop to my phone real quick.
CONS:
  • If you are using Android, you need to download a third party app to transfer file etc.
  • Music, photos and videos has to be sync if you want to add it in your iPhone. Too much work.
  • Fake Apple cable doesn't work to connect with your iPhone to Mac.
  • No CD drive
  • You have to format your hard disk to be able to transfer files between the Mac and your external hard drive otherwise you need to download a third party app... again.
  • Overpriced.
  • Other cables is sold separately at the cost from RM200-RM500.
  • If you need to present a presentation at work or class, you need a DisplayPort to VGA Adapter for RM122.
  • no HDMI port and the adapter is sold separately for RM150.
  • For a newbie, the whole interface can be a little confusing and hard to understand.
I like it that it comes with an extension just in case the plug/outlet is a little out of reach
But sadly, it doesn't come with different types of adapter. Only two types.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Like I said, I'm just a blogger, not a uni student or working so I didn't buy Microsoft package. I don't need them. I rather spend that money on Photoshop or Lightroom. So if you're a student or your work requires Microsoft Excel. Word, Outlook etc, then be ready to fork out RM600+ for it at Apple store, unless you're willing to get use to MacOS' built-in apps for similar purposes. I mean, you can use Pages which is equivalent to Microsoft Word, Keynote for your presentation need, and Numbers for spreadsheet.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Total:
Macbook + casing (inc keyboard cover) = RM4199 + RM160 = RM4,359

Example of one of the Microsoft pack

I must admit, it's worth the money. Imagine buying the Asus Zenbook for the same price and as soon as I download a torrent, BAM! Virus starts flowing in. I guess for once in a while, you can reward yourself something regretful but worth it. hahaha 😂

But everyone has their own opinion and this is mine. I really hated this laptop for 4 weeks after I got it but as I learned its basic, playing around with it, with its apps and some other things I learned from random geek website about what I can do with it, I'm starting to love it.
Anyway thanks for reading. Much love, T.





﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏‬﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
Listening to:
Peter Sandberg - Ending
‪ 00:00 ────⊙───────── 02:47‬
‪ ↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺‬
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏‬﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Comments

Post a Comment

  1. Welcome to the Mac club! Lol

    I own a Macbook Air that I bought in 2014 and 3 years have passed but the Mac is still doing fine and more importantly, virus free!

    But recently, HP laptops caught my eye, the new model is so pretty and flawless like those shiny sleek design. #inisemuanafsu

    nurulrasya.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yay Mac gang! hahaha

      Most of my friends own a Mac be it Air or Pro or just Macbook, they said if you know how to use it properly, it could be use up to 4-5 years with no problem. And yes virus-free is crucial factor hahaha

      Ugh tell me about it. Before I decided to get the Mac, I was actually planning to get the HP Spectre 13 but the virus-free of the Mac factor wins me over although price almost the same. Kan? Ini semua nafsu hahaha

      Delete
  2. info yang sgt berguna. mek pun igt nk beli mcpro. tp fikir juga nak macbook. mcm awk ckp la, kita bukan guna pro pun sbnrnya. just blogging je. paling tidak download. aiih,h kusut betul. tp alang alang beli, beli yg ummpph terus la kot. hihihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betul, saya pun sbb tengok budget jugak. Ikutkan hati nak beli iMac je sbb screen besar, GB besar and harga pun nak sama dgn Mac Air ni cuma tulah, tak portable. Saya ni jenis kesana kesini, tak boleh nak angkut iMac tu. hahahaha Kalau ada rezeki lebih, tak salah beli yg umph! terus hahahaha walaupun kita guna bape kerat je dalam tu.

      Delete
  3. It's like a dream come true if I can own the hi-tech lappy..
    Unless I can 'paw' someone on my birthday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *paw someone* paw someone! hahahaha Alhamdulillah I felt like my dream came true too hahahah

      Delete
  4. Kak Ana bab laptop ni memang out. Selalu suruh husband je yg tgkkan sebab tu kepakaran dia. Hehe. Seumur hidup ni kak ana ada satu laptop je tu pun beli sebab nak buat keje di pejabat dan guna offer dr pejabat utk tanggung 20% of the cost. Dpt lah beli jenama asus. Skrg dah 5-6 tahun rasanya laptop tu dan masih elok. Tak beli lain lah jawapnya. Skrg semua guna hp je senang even utk blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saya pernah cuba blogging via smartphone tapi susah nak upload multiple pictures, bila nak draft je saya guna phone, bila nak masuk gambar saya guna laptop. Asalnya saya mmg nak beli Asus sebab minat dengan Zenbook tu, tapi bila saya ke kedai, takde pulak model yg sana nak tu. Okaylah tu kak tahan lama, saya beli Asus apa tah, baru pakai 2 bulan dah lingkup. hahaha

      Delete
  5. EEEuuwwww Your birthday coming soon ya Tqa? Happy Birthday in advance ya... May God bless you always and always and always. And may the joy and happiness will shower you till the end of time..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6hb haritu kak, but thank you so much for the wish. Aminnn ya rabbal alaminnn

      Delete
  6. wauuuu so a happy girl got the present. btw happy becoming birthday dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am beyond happy alhamdulillah 😊 Thank you so much ❤️

      Delete
  7. TQA! Happy belated birthday :) Sep sikit sebab kita sama Oct babies <3

    I don’t have my own laptop too. Sekarang if nak blogging, kena pinjam laptop suami. Tak best tapi kena jugaklah kan.

    Plan to have one Macbook Air too! Maybe next year. Pray for me. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Siqah ❤️ yeke? yay! *high5*

      Seksa jugak dalam dunia moden macam ni tapi takde laptop atau internet. Tapi kalau dalam family members dah ada, takpelah takdelah asyik nak meminjam kawan punya sampai dah naik segan hahaha. Tqa doakan Siqah cepat2 ada rezeki and beli Mac Air so kita boleh gang! hahaha

      Delete
  8. Kita punya laptop Toshiba. Okeylah, tapi cepat panas dan bunyi kipas kadang2 melampau-lampau. Haha

    Teringin nak jadi gang Macbook, tapi tak mampu lagi. Tunggu kerjalah kalau ada rezeki. Hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toshiba is good too but sayangnya laptop nowadays mahal, so better go with something that is virus-free. It's okay take it slow. Insha Allah it will be yours one day 😊

      Delete
  9. i want to buy macpro but then i think maybe i can have it when i serious in my job (graphic designer/videographer). end up i brought msi laptop which helps me alot for my project and work. (much cheaper but high end laptop)

    have to admit that the performance of imac/macpro is bloody awesome for graphic design. (have used it few times)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tbh, I'd consider MSi too but at that time when I was browsing for it, all MSI models punya pricing dah almost cecah RM4k. So mmg dilemma nak angkat yg mana satu because I wanted an iMac too. I wanted MSI sbb design dia ala2 Alienware and good for gaming too (my brother loves gaming) so in the end I go with Apple bcos the virus-free factor wins me over. And as for my brother dia dapat PS4. Win-win situation hahahaha

      Tapi graphic dia mmg cantik especially when you edit photos and videos. I'm in love with Lightroom and Macbook's photo editor. Hopefully you will get one once you are serious in your job. Tak rugi beli even tak join bidang graphic.

      Delete
  10. Sesekali dapat reward diri sendiri macam nie memang best..

    ReplyDelete
  11. been using my macbook pro for almost 6 years this year! yes yang paling best because takde virus so boleh download torrent as much as i want hehe x

    Erin Azmir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 years ! Sangat tahan lasak if you really know how to use it and take care of it kan?
      That is the best part, I'm a movie junkie so I often download movies using torrent too so this factor is very important to me. Torrent kalau download dekat windows and kalau takde virus scanner ke apa, memang cepat lah jahanam.

      Delete
  12. I'm still thinking and deciding of which to buy. Recently there's a rumour that apple are going to release something new or whatsoever within next month if I'm not mistaken. not sure whether it's MBA or just MB but gonna be patient and wait for a lil bit more. Who knows I'll get something better. Hopefully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I would do too. Just hope that new release items is pretty convenient for all users. If it's an iMac then.. hmm I don't know what to expect from Apple anymore. iMac used to be so handy for a desktop but now, it doesn't feel like that anymore. Everything is wayy too modern and need all kinds of adapters. Menyusahkan. But yes better wait for a bit.

      Delete
  13. WAHHHH! lucky girl! congratulations. i have my eye on a new air for christmas, too but i doubt i'd get one. this present one still works fine. you're malaysian, too! i'm surprised. :D maybe because i don't know many malaysians who (still?) blog, i guess. everyone's more ig, ig nowadays. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I finally can join the blogging world again.
      I was laptop-less for almost 2 years and I'm tired of borrowing from others.
      Oh my I am in love with the new Air too! I despise the USB-C ports but the rest about it is super dreamy. Maybe I'll wait for another 3-4 years.
      Because I got my Air around late 2017 so like yours, it's still working fine.

      Yes, I was surprised to find out that you're Malaysian too because your writing is very good. I thought you from the US or Australia. hahaha
      I've been blogging since 2009 and it would be sad to stop now, so I keep writing because I feel happy when I did.
      OMG SO TRUE! Most of my blogger friends switched to IG. IG for me is just a platform to share my best shot of the day and throwback pictures hehe

      Delete
  14. Honestly you're great at reviewing hehe ^^ btw sekarang Hana tengah laptop-less.Walaupun laptop tak rosak pun,cuma charger yang buat hal.Entahlah kenapa, settled ja last Viva terus k.o. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think so? I'm always clueless when it comes to reviewing book, products and gadgets.
      But if it helps, I am more than happy.
      Yeke? Oh my, I feel you. Dulu pun sebelum beli laptop ni, laptop lama tu pun ada kena mengena dgn charger jugak.
      Laptop tak leh on kalau tak cucuk charger tu, so bila nak guna lama sikit susah lah sebab boleh meletup kalau lama sangat cucuk kan?
      Nak bawak laptop tu ke coffee shop pun tak boleh, so beli je lah yang baru.

      Terus K.O? Alamak. I hope you'll managed a new one soon, as a blogger, bila takde laptop rasa stress juga.

      Delete
  15. wahhh., macbook yg jeliter tuuuh., ohsem..
    i guess u pakai iphone jugak khannns., huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Buah hati pengarang jantung hehehe
      yess! hahaha lucky guess.

      Delete
    2. some girls just want apple product .. watch this dear:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTgqv6p5eOw

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha saja tengok video tu sebab bosan, ya rabbi kelakarnya..
      habis semua product apple dia beli, sekali dengan jus pineapple hahah
      Thanks for the laugh!

      Delete
  16. I pun guna Macbook Air since 2014, memang berbaloi2, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan? mula2 memang tak suka sangat. Bebai gila2 masa beli, pandang pun tak nak tapi lepas dah faham cara nak guna, memang berbaloi sangat2.

      Delete
  17. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! this must be the best birthday present! tbh, i rlly love the design. Love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is so nice of you.
      It was alhamdulillah and I am grateful every second of my life and for my dad.
      I love the design too! hehe

      Delete
  18. So pretty uwwwh... i got it. Masih nabung dulu laaa :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Tu lah Tqa pun tengah menabung nak angkat iPad pula inshaAllah.
      Good luck to the both of us :)

      Delete
  19. Bestnyaaaa!! teringin sangat nak ada MAC BOOk . Harap sebelum sambung belajar nanti i dapat own sebijik.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amin... Tqa doakan Anna dapat your own macbook one day (better sebelum sambung belajar ye) *wink*
      Mac Air baru dah keluar so yang ni dah turun sikit kot harga hehehe hopefully lah but tau je lah kan Apple.

      Delete
  20. Happy belated birthday tqa.. best la hadiah tapi mama x reti guna mqc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mama. Best tapi tulah, Tqa masa mula2 pun tak reti guna juga. Dah setahun baru lah tau sikit2 hehe

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by.
And if you like my blog, hit the follow button for more updates.

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Instagram

Latest on Pinterest